Friday, October 16, 2015

Great Black and White Photographers PART 3


1)  
      The first thing that caught my eye when looking at Steichen Lotus' photos was how elegant all of them were. I love to take pictures of flowers and I think that he did an amazing job of capturing the beauty and detail of the flower. I also like how he took pictures of people because they are always in different situations and are from different angles. He didn't repeat the position that the model was in, but uniquely photographed each one.


 





2)



     I see the large roses placed on top of each other. They are very elegant, detailed, and beautiful.
     I smell the fresh aroma of newly picked flowers. I can also smell the grass from the gardener's shoes who just picked the roses.
     I can hear the gardener in the background trimming the grass and sweeping the porch. I also hear scissors clipping the flowers as they were separated from their stem.
     I can taste the gravel, blown around as the truck pulls into the farm. And, I can taste the sweet fragrance coming from the rose petals.
     I can feel the soft texture of the silky petals. I can also feel the prick of the thorns as my fingers grab the flowers. As the water from the stems falls, I feel a wet, cold drop on my arm.




     I can see the women gazing in to the camera lens. I can also see the elegant flowers across her dress.
     I can smell the thick, sweet perfume of the women. I can smell the must of the dark building that I am shooting her in as well.
     I can hear the subtle breaths of the model as she tries to sit still. I can also hear the clicks of the camera as I push the button to capture the photo.
     I can taste the dust from the building as the wind blows. I can also taste the tension of the model, trying to be still.
     I can feel the pressure of making sure that the model doesn't move so that the photo won't be blurry. I can also feel the sweat on my forehead as the sun shines through the building.


3) 

     I would like to make a blog about Steichen Lotus so that I could access and incorporate his amazing photos into it. I could also write about the photos easily. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment