Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Self Portrait and Portraits Part I

Tips:

  • Experiment with Subject Expressions
  • Get Closer
  • Candids: Being Unobtrusive
Environmental Portraits:

Image result for environmental portrait

     I like the fact that there is one main subject in the foreground, and a clear shot of a beautiful ocean in the background.  I chose this picture because the environment that he is in tells a lot about him. He most likely spends most of his time out on the sea, and, knowing from his outfit, he is a fisherman. The environment clearly describes a big part of his life.


     I like this photo because the subject is in good focus, and stands out because of the color of his jersey. I also like how the photographer followed the rule of thirds. I chose this photo because the environment fits in with the theme of the subject, which is basketball, and balances the photograph. 

Photography Self Portrait:


     I like this picture because even though it is a self portrait, it almost looks like someone else took the photograph. I also like how the subject is in one third of the photo, and how the background is simple. I chose this picture because I like how the lady is laughing but not making eye contact with the camera, and the photo is taken up close.

Image result for photography self portrait

     I like this picture because it is simple and in focus. I chose this picture because he is the only thing that the viewer sees, and because his expression is very dramatic.

Casual Portrait:

Image result for casual portrait

     I like this photograph because the photography followed the rule of thirds, and because the subject stands out even though the background is busy. I chose this photo because it looks like it was taken spontaneously and because she is making a calm, but happy expression.

Image result for casual portrait

     I like this photo because she is in one third of the photograph, and because the background is beautiful but out of focus. I chose this photo because the subject is very obvious, and because she is making a subtle expression, making the photograph casual.

Portrait assignment:

   For my portrait assignment, I plan to take pictures of my friend's 14 year old sister, Emma.  I will take the pictures at a near by park that has lots of trees. To make the pictures better, I will take them in the early afternoon for the best lighting. I will also get closer to her as I take the picture so that they are focused and simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment