Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Warm-Up (Sensory Overload)

1. "I believe that more and more, we are defining our environments not as the spaces themselves, in terms of the buildings or architecture, but rather by the objects and devices that we buy and surround ourselves with. ... I would like that message to carry through universally," Seymour said.
To me, this statement is referring to the fact that are generation is becoming materialistic. Instead of focusing on nature's beauty, our society only cares about objects that in the long run won't matter. I agree with this statement because the world is in fact turning into a more materialistic society everyday. As an aspiring photographer, this makes me feel upset because I want to take photos that highlight the Earth's gorgeous features rather than focus on objects which take away from the impact that the photo should have.

2. Even though the photos were interesting, it did not make me want to take my camera and take pictures. I am more interested in taking photos that emphasize nature and not objects like toys. 


3. I think that it would be really interesting to be a child of someone who worked at one of these places because they could visit their parents and explore all the cool objects in the store.


4.  My favorite photo was the one of the flower store because I love all the vibrant colors and different types of flowers. 






No comments:

Post a Comment